Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So I just finished watching the movie Star Trek. 

I loved it. 

I am not a Trekkie by any means but I have watched and followed the TV series Star Trek. I think the film was done well and it reaffirmed my belief that all great films contain great characters. And as I have already explained to my friend Jerky, I believe you can create a film just by creating characters. Once you've given birth to a new human you can put him or her in any situation and have a story. And an interesting one at that. The character will drive the story. The plot is a mere chain of events.


Add or subtract links in that chain and you build story and change plot. 

But. The ultimate question is...Why am I watching this film? 

And the ultimate answer is...Because I am concerned about this character. I am interested in what happens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment