Saturday, December 1, 2012

HER

     Meet.
     Much to say, nothing said. I want Her. She doesn't know me. The urgency. Reality. Availability. My brain swells and I'm dizzy. Look at her face, look at the sun. Danger. The stop sign. Red. It hurts. I want Her to know me. Then she smiles. My heart jumps to the other side of my chest. I catch it and throw it back. Still beating. Two different worlds. We're the same. She leaves.
     I see Her again. Her. No longer have control. Must go there. Somewhere. Leaping from the bridge I grab the legs of the bird in flight. So much lighter. No explanation, and still no words. She's a Picasso. She's famous art. I want to stare at Her for hours and listen to her voice for days on end, then a couple more. Unfair. Look at Her. Just look. It will blind me to continue.
     Skip steps. Cut the line. Cheat on the test. Learn from mistakes. I deserve Her. She deserves me. Great strength. I need to smell her hair. Walk beside Her. See the world. Live. Love. She is my drug.
     Natural. She fits. Slow dance on the pier. Fine wine. Laughter. Let's go there. Moving water changes the earth. There's greatness here. Look ma, no hands.
     She makes me nervous but I feel calm. Can't explain. I leave. Come back and stay. I can live for centuries with Her. Climb mountains. Achieve. I make mistakes. She doesn't know. She does. She says no. I survive.
     Look at Her.
     Don't touch.
     Just look.
     At Her.


FNK 1999






   

No comments:

Post a Comment